Herbs are excellent cosmetics. They have anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, moisturizing and cleansing effects, help to deal with various skin defects.
Useful herbs for the skin
Depending on the skin type, certain herbs are used to prepare masks and potions. There are also universal plants, for example chamomile.
For dry skin prone to allergies
Dehydrated and irritated skin needs intensive hydration and active nutrition. The following types of plants are suitable for dry skin care:
- spring primrose;
For oily skin
Plants intended for oily skin care should have a disinfecting and cleansing effect. Such means narrow the pores and normalize the sebum secretion process.
- St. John's Wort;
- under white;
- sage tea.
Herbs with an anti-aging effect
The main purpose of antiaging herbs is to rejuvenate the skin. The following plants can be used to make cosmetics:
- Birch buds;
- St. John's Wort;
- field horsetail.
For deep cleaning
Plants that have a powerful antibacterial, antimicrobial, cleansing and disinfecting effect will help you keep your skin clean and deal with skin rashes:
- linden blossom;
- birch leaf.
Against age spots
Plants will help to get rid of external defects and clean the skin:
- lemon juice;
- birch leaves;
Rules for using herbs at home
In order for plants to fully reveal their miraculous properties, it is necessary to observe the nuances of their use.
- Herbs can be purchased at a pharmacy or collected independently (but only in ecologically clean areas). Fresh plants have a great effect.
- Consider whether the herb is suitable for a certain skin type.
- Ready-made potions and masks are stored in the refrigerator for no more than one day (in some cases, they must be used immediately).
- Before using masks and potions, it is important to conduct an allergy test. In the presence of rashes or allergic reactions, the plant cannot be used as a cosmetic product.
The need to cleanse the skin before any skin care
Cleansing the skin is an important and mandatory process before applying cosmetic masks and potions. Contaminated skin is unable to fully absorb the nutrients that herbal medicines contain.
To clean the skin, you can use special scrubs, gels or plant-based masks.
Recipes for homemade herbal face masks
Nature is generous to man. She gave a huge number of plants that help in the care of the skin of the face, treat dermatological problems and deal with defects such as early wrinkles, excessive dryness or, conversely, oily skin.
Each of the plants has a certain list of useful properties, so it is impossible to indicate which of them is the most effective. To choose the right tool, you need to focus on the range of its functions, as well as the characteristics of the skin.
Anti-wrinkle mask with aloe juice
The composition helps to eliminate signs of fatigue, promotes elasticity and elasticity of the coating. Course application (10 sessions per day) of the mask helps to solve the problem of fine wrinkles and sagging facial skin.
Mix 15 ml of freshly squeezed aloe juice, 5 drops of pharmacy glycerin, 5 ml of peach essential oil.
Apply the mask to a cleansed face, leave for an hour, then wipe the face with a cotton pad soaked in clean lukewarm water.
Mask from acne and inflammation with wormwood
The plant has a powerful antibacterial property, so a mask with wormwood easily copes with the problem of acne and rashes. Regular use of the product reduces irritation, prevents the appearance of acne.
- 2 tablespoons of wormwood are poured into 100 ml of boiling water. Insist broth, strain.
- Mix 35 ml of the prepared wormwood decoction with 5 drops of vitamin B5 and 1 tablespoon of chickpea flour.
- Apply a thick layer of the mask on a previously steamed face, leave for a quarter of an hour.
- Wash the product as usual.
Mask for blackheads and rashes
Many plants have a purifying effect. After applying the masks, the skin of the face becomes clean, even.
- Crush in a mortar or grind in a blender 5 each of plantain and plantain leaves. Add to the composition art. a spoonful of kefir
- Steam your face first. Then apply the mask in a thick layer.
- Keep for a quarter of an hour to half an hour. Wash off with plain water.
For the prevention of rashes, the mask is made once a week, as a treatment - 2 times more often.
Mask for age spots and freckles with dandelion
External dermatological defects become a serious problem for many women. Dandelion will help you deal with freckles and age spots. The plant-based mask promotes rejuvenation and cleansing of the face, has a strong whitening and regenerating effect.
- Squeeze juice from the stem and leaves of the dandelion (it should be 1 tablespoon). Add 1 teaspoon of rice starch and 1 tablespoon of yogurt without dyes and flavors to the juice.
- The resulting mask is applied to problem areas of the skin.
- The retention time of the product is 7 minutes.
- Wash as usual.
Nourishing mask for dry skin with chamomile
Medicinal chamomile is endowed with a lot of useful properties. The nourishing mask based on plant raw materials has a regenerating and moisturizing effect. Protects dry skin from external irritations (especially in the off-season).
- Crush a few chamomile flowers and a slice of persimmon. Add 5 drops of peach essential oil.
- Apply the composition to the skin. Hold for 20 minutes. Wash with lukewarm boiled water.
Recipe for sensitive skin
Herbal herbs will help you cope with skin irritation and the consequences of allergic rashes. Masks for sensitive skin effectively soothe the skin, make the skin even and radiant.
- Prepare an infusion of sequence (in boiling water, boil dry leaves of grass, insist, strain). Take 3 tablespoons of boiled infusion mixed with 1 tbsp. spoon of white or blue clay, add 10 drops of pharmacy vitamin B2.
- Before applying the product, wipe the face with mineral water without gas. Then apply the finished composition on the face. Action time - 20 minutes.
- Wash with clean lukewarm water.
A recipe for aging skin
Natural cosmetics effectively refresh and rejuvenate sagging skin. Active substances saturate the skin with vitamins, activate collagen synthesis, help the skin become healthy and elastic.
Scald dry sage grass with boiling water (fresh grass does not need such a procedure). Mash the plant in a plate, add 1 tablespoon of cottage cheese and 1 chicken yolk.
spread the mask over the face. Hold for 20 minutes. Wash with a damp sponge.
Recipe for oily skin
Oily skin care is all about cleansing and preventing breakouts. Plants have a drying and antibacterial effect that helps to deal with various dermatological problems.
- Prepare a decoction of horsetail (for 100 ml of water take 1 tablespoon of the plant). Strain the broth, add thyme powder and 15 drops of calendula essential oil.
- Apply a mask to the steamed face. Keep for no more than 20 minutes. Wash as usual.
Recipe for problem skin
Problem skin is characterized by the appearance of acne and rashes of a different nature. The means should be aimed at cleaning and disinfecting the skin.
- 2 tablespoons of rowan juice mixed with 1 tbsp. spoon of white clay and 15 drops of avocado oil.
- Spread the mask over the surface of the face. Leave for quarter of an hour.
- Wash as usual.
Moisturizing mask with honey and herbs
Honey soothes and nourishes the skin. In combination with plant herbs, this bee product has an anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, nourishing and protective effect.
- Crush a sprig of rosemary and 5 grams of thyme in a mortar. Add 5 ml of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of liquid honey to the resulting mass.
- Apply a face mask. Hold for 20 minutes. Wash with clean water.
St. John's wort whitening mask
St. John's wort has a whitening effect. The plant effectively deals with age spots and freckles, helping the skin to be healthy and radiant.
- Cook a thick porridge from 10 grams of semolina. 2 tablespoons of St. John's wort and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice are added to the dish.
- Spread the mask over the surface of the face, avoiding contact with the eyelids and nasolabial triangle. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the face thoroughly with lukewarm water.
Soothing peppermint mask
Mint relieves the skin of rashes and inflammations, having a powerful soothing and regenerating effect.
- Crush a few mint leaves with 2 tbsp of cottage cheese. Add 5 drops of cashew essential oil to the table.
- The mask is spread over the face. Place a wet gauze compress over the mask. The waiting time for the effect of the drug is a quarter of an hour.
- Wash as usual.
St. John's wort will help relieve the skin of the face from the effects of a sleepless night or traces of fatigue. The medicinal plant cleans the skin and fights the main dermatological problems.
- 1 tablespoon of decoction of celandine, mixed with 1 tablespoon. spoon of cornstarch, then add 8 drops of almond oil.
- Spread the product on cleansed skin, leave for 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with water.
The scrub is sufficient for use twice a month. It is recommended to use gentle but effective herbal skin cleansing products.
- Grind 10 g of lentils, add 1 teaspoon of parsley juice and 5 g of fresh yarrow herb.
- If the mask is dry, you can add a small amount of freshly brewed green tea.
- Apply the product to the face. Gently massage for 3-5 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water. Then apply a moisturizer on your face.
Herbal juice mask
The juice of the plant is effective against early and deep wrinkles. Plants have a rejuvenating effect, so regular use of the mask (2 times a week) will help your skin become radiant, young, fresh and beautiful.
- Mix equal amounts (15 ml each) of yarrow, fennel, parsley, plantain, basil juice. Add 1 tablespoon of thick organic yogurt without dyes and flavors.
- Spread the mask on the skin (preferably in the evening), leave for 8-10 hours, then rinse with still mineral water.
Potions for dry and normal skin
The main problem for people with dry skin is flaking. For the care of normal and dry skin, compositions with a moisturizing effect are used. In addition, dry and normal skin needs protection, disinfection, cleaning and prevention against inflammation.
Peppermint is an amazing herb that helps with dry skin. To prepare a mint decoction, you can take a pharmacy herb or self-collected mint.
If the grass is collected independently, then it is important to choose only those plants that grow far from the roads, are not damaged by diseases and pests.
Useful properties of mint:
Peppermint decoction effectively moisturizes dry skin, helps to tone the skin, and also eliminates various defects (rash, peeling, irritation). Mint is also used as a remedy for early wrinkles.
- pour a glass of clean water into the pan, let it boil;
- add 2 tablespoons of dry (can be replaced with fresh) mint;
- bring the solution to a boil, then simmer over low heat for a few minutes;
- cover the pan with a lid, wrap with a terry cloth, let it infuse for 1-2 hours;
- strain the resulting broth.
Peppermint decoction is useful for wiping the face daily (the skin must be cleaned first). In summer, mint decoction serves as a refreshing agent, in winter - softening and moisturizing.
In order to achieve a greater moisturizing effect, mint broth is recommended to be prepared with full-fat cow's milk (the cooking scheme is similar to the recipe described above). Mint decoction with milk is best used in winter. The product helps to additionally moisturize and protect dry skin.
Chamomile helps to deal with many dermatological problems. It is also actively used for the care of dry and normal skin.
Useful properties of the plant:
Chamomile can rightly be called a natural healer. All the beneficial properties of chamomile have a decoction based on this plant material.
- pour a cup of boiling water into the container;
- add 2 tbsp dry (or fresh) chamomile herb;
- let the broth simmer over low heat for 4 minutes;
- then remove the container with the healing agent from the fire, wrap it and let it infuse for 1-2 hours;
- strain through 4-5 layers of cheesecloth.
For the care of dry and irritated skin, the use of chamomile oil is recommended. The remedy is prepared in the same way, but instead of water you need to take olive oil.
Chamomile decoction is used for daily cleansing, disinfection and moisturizing of the skin. With a cotton pad dipped in warm broth, wipe the skin in the morning and evening.
Chamomile oil is best used in the evening: wet a gauze in the product, cover your face with it (after cutting holes for the eyes, nose and mouth) and hold for 30 minutes.
Sea buckthorn broth
Sea buckthorn is a plant with a powerful anti-aging effect. In addition, the plant has other beneficial properties for the skin:
- wound healing;
Sea buckthorn contains a huge amount of vitamins and minerals that help the skin stay young, radiant and healthy.
- in a container with 500 ml of water, drop 3 tablespoons of sea buckthorn leaves;
- bring the composition to a boil, then reduce the heat to a minimum and simmer for 2-3 minutes;
- remove the broth from the heat, wrap with a towel and let it infuse for 1 hour;
Sea buckthorn decoction is used as a lotion, mask or lotion liquid.
A decoction based on hop cones, yarrow leaves and lemon balm flowers will help provide an excellent moisturizing effect. The complex action of these herbs has a softening, moisturizing, disinfecting and regenerating effect.
The moisturizing potion "recharges" the skin cells with a vitamin complex to make it radiant and healthy.
- bring 500 ml of clean water to a boil;
- add 1 tablespoon of all the listed plants to the decoction;
- darken the product over low heat for 2 minutes;
- remove from heat and let infuse for 2 hours;
Hydrating decoction is good to wipe the skin of the face twice a day - in the morning and in the evening.
Herbal teas for oily skin
Oily skin is often called problem skin. It often forms inflammatory acne, blackheads, comedones. Oily skin is characterized by excessive secretion of subcutaneous fat, which becomes a "bait" for pathogenic bacteria and microorganisms, which subsequently become acne provocateurs.
Means for oily skin should have a normalizing sebum secretion property. At the same time, they should have an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, disinfecting and drying effect.
white beans in broth
Fenugreek is a great herb for the main problems of oily skin. Buckwheat has a drying, anti-inflammatory, cleansing and regulating process of sebum secretion.
- boil a cup of water for 2 minutes;
- add to boiling water 2 tbsp plant spoons;
- bring the broth to a boil and remove it to a warm place for infusion (for 1-2 hours);
In the form of a lotion, a decoction of underbelly is used. They wipe the face 2-3 times a day.
Cleansing lotion with mint
Mint has disinfectant and cleansing properties. Mint decoction is used to clean the skin and remove acne and comedones.
- mix 2 tablespoons of mint in a glass of boiling water;
- boil the broth for 4 minutes;
- then add 1 tbsp lemon juice, vodka and calendula infusion.
It is helpful to wipe the skin with a cleansing lotion twice a day. The composition effectively fights acne, inflammation and blackheads.
Store the finished lotion in the refrigerator. Shelf life - no more than 36 hours.
Calendula has strong antibacterial properties. This plant effectively deals with the main problems of oily facial skin - acne and inflammatory rashes.
Calendula decoction destroys the bacteria and pathogens that cause acne. Regular use of the product helps to normalize the sebum secretion process.
- 2 tablespoons of calendula are added to 500 ml of boiling water;
- let the composition simmer over low heat for 6 minutes;
- after - wrap and leave to infuse for 1 hour;
Use calendula decoction twice a day. Systematic use of the product helps to remove oily shine.
Wormwood is a miracle cure for oily skin.
Properties of the plant:
Preparation of decoction:
- 5 tablespoons of dry (or fresh) wormwood are poured into 500 ml of boiling water;
- let the composition simmer on fire for 5 minutes;
- then wrap with a towel and leave for 3 hours in a warm place;
A decoction of wormwood is used as a lotion after each wash.
Herbs for sensitive skin
Irritations and rashes often appear on the sensitive skin of the face. The skin needs protection, softening and hydration. Herbs should have anti-inflammatory and disinfectant properties.
Plants such as chamomile, cornflower, jasmine, parsley and rose are used to care for sensitive skin. Masks based on aloe juice and honey are also effective.
Rose petal water helps to revitalize and restore dull and sensitive skin. This composition copes with early wrinkles, helps to make the skin of the face tight and more attractive.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of rose leaves into a thermos;
- pour the plant with a glass of boiling water;
- close the thermos tightly with a lid and leave for several hours;
Rose water is used as a lotion. Apply it twice a day.
Jasmine Potion (Moshen Orange)
Jasmine is another remedy for sensitive and irritated skin. The composition of the plant includes a large number of trace elements and vitamins. In complex action, useful substances have the following effect:
- in boiling water (250 ml) mix 2 tbsp. spoons for plants;
- let the composition simmer over low heat for 5 minutes;
- then insist in a warm place for another 2 hours;
With a decoction of jasmine, the skin of the face, cleaned of external impurities, is rubbed in the evening.
Medicinal herbs have long been considered miraculous remedies that help care for the skin of the face and treat all kinds of dermatological problems. The plant composition contains medicinal components that have a rejuvenating, moisturizing and regenerating effect.
To achieve the expected effect, it is recommended to use plant-based compositions daily. After a week of regular use, you can notice the results - the skin of the face will become young, beautiful and healthy.