Maybe no one wants to say goodbye to youth and beauty. Fortunately, plastic surgeons are willing to argue over time: with their help, patients can "stop" the aging process, preserve youth and at the same time naturalness. But is it possible to trust someone with your face without fear? to choose a good clinic and a competent specialist among the abundance of tempting offers?
What is a facelift for?
With age, the appearance and contours of the face change due to natural physiological processes. There are many reasons for this: hormonal imbalance, slowing of metabolic processes, decreased collagen production, changes in bone composition, loss of fat packets in some places and their appearance in others, where it is undesirable, etc. as a result, the facial tissues lose their volume and elasticity, the skin becomes sagging and relaxed.
No matter how good care, effective folk methods and cosmetic procedures are used, time will take its toll: all these means can affect only the superficial layers of the skin. Even if it turns out to delay the appearance of superficial wrinkles for a long time, then it will not be possible to stop or completely reverse the processes that occur in deep tissues with the help of all of the above.
On a noteThe advent of modern techniques has allowed surgical tightening services to re-establish their position. According to the International Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), today our country is in the TOP 15 countries in the world in the number of plastic surgeries performed. In 2017, the local plastic surgery market reached a record turnover in the last five years, growing by more than 30%. The demand for aesthetic medicine continues to grow. The third most popular of all types of plastic surgery is facelift.
Likecertificatefor facelift, ptosis is the first to occur. This is a prolapse of the soft tissues of the face as a result of a gradual loss of elasticity and tone of the skin, deterioration of muscle contractility. Ptosis can predominate in a certain part of the face:
- in the lower third of the face- ptosis (sagging) of the tissues of the neck and chin against the background of relaxation and increase in skin area. This leads to the formation of wrinkles and creases on the neck and to the smoothing of the clear chin-cervical angle;
- in the middle third of the face- nasolabial folds, nasolacrimal indentations, bags under the eyes and drooping cheeks, distorting the oval of the face;
- in the upper third of the face- wrinkles in the forehead, sagging of the outer edges of the eyebrows and corners of the eyes, drooping eyelids, the formation of horizontal wrinkles in the nose.
These signs of age-related tissue aging can be compensated by various techniques of facial plastic surgery and professional cosmetology. However, when it comes to surgery, it is important not to forget the other side of the coin - the contraindications.
- malignant neoplasms;
- blood clotting disorder;
- epilepsy and severe psychosomatic illnesses;
- untreated hypertension;
- diseases of the internal organs;
- dermatological diseases;
- chronic diseases in the acute stage;
- inflammatory and infectious processes.
On a noteAging, although not very pleasant, is a natural process in which the natural anthropometric proportions of the face must be preserved, despite the fact that this is accompanied by the appearance of gravitational ptosis, ie physiological loss of tissue volume and formation of skin folds andwrinkles. Therefore, from the very beginning of the tissue degenerative process, it is better to choose more delicate methods of exposure that do not give a pronounced effect of "tuned" face.
Aesthetic and reconstructive surgery, of course, has gone a long way in its development and its possibilities are now great. However, you should be aware that after plastic surgery there is a possibility of complications - surgeons are well acquainted with them and know how to minimize side effects. But some complications can be long-lasting and even dangerous, which is why it is so important to choose a plastic surgeon with extensive experience and an impeccable reputation.
Here is an overview of the most popular methods of facelift at the moment - this will allow you to get an idea of the "arsenal" of modern clinics in cosmetic surgery and cosmetology.
Types of braces
Today, plastic surgeons can perform facelift procedures for every taste, because the possibilities of modern medicine allow it. Each technique has its supporters both among doctors and patients. Let's take a closer look at how these techniques differ.
Surgical methods for facelift
These techniques allow you to work on the deep tissues of the face so that they have a lasting effect. The most popular and effective are the endoscopic facelift and SMAS-lifting - they are aimed at a complete solution to age-related problems. With their help, the soft tissues of the face are redistributed and the skin is tightened.
Circular facelift (complex correction of the face and neck) -combined method of surgical rejuvenation, which includes the possibilities of several techniques.
- Indications: loss of tissue volume, "floating" contour, large amount of excess loose tissue, deep wrinkles and other age-related changes.
- Contraindications: diseases of the cardiovascular, respiratory, endocrine, nervous and other systems, as well as the liver and kidneys, hematological and skin pathologies, inflammatory and infectious processes, pregnancy and lactation - to identify contraindications it is necessary to conduct a laboratoryresearch and instrumental research, consult a number of specialists. . .
- injury: High. This is a complete operation, therefore, when choosing this technique, you should be aware of the severity of the upcoming intervention.
- Execution: With a circular lifting scalpel, long incisions are made, followed by deep tissue modeling, transposition of fat sacs and excision of excess skin. The operation is performed under general anesthesia. Subsequently, it is necessary to stay in hospital (up to two days) and a rehabilitation period of at least one month.
- The result- the most pronounced and long-lasting compared to all other techniques. Possible complications include scarring, damage to the facial nerve and its branches, and extensive hematomas.
- professionals: the most effective procedure for lifting the face with an excessive amount of tissue, the ability to correct imperfections that other methods can not deal with.
- Cons: high trauma, relatively serious risk of complications, long rehabilitation period.
Endoscopic facelift -progressive type of surgical intervention for deep correction of age-related changes with the help of video endoscopic equipment. As you can see, this method uses an endoscope with a camcorder measuring a few millimeters, which transmits a magnified image to the monitor. In this way, the doctor can clearly see the area of work with the nerve bundles and the vessels that are in it. Endoscopic face and neck lifting is performed under general anesthesia. Varieties are endoscopic lifting of the upper, middle or lower third of the face - each of the operations is used depending on which part of the face has to deal with the problems. It is possible to work with separate areas, as well as to combine several types of interventions. With endoscopic facelift, the blood vessels are slightly injured and there is complete control over the operation, and if all the rules and recommendations are followed, the risk of serious complications is practically excluded. Tissue swelling, small bruises and temporary hair loss in the area of the intervention are possible, but over time the tissues recover completely.
- Indications: deep wrinkles and creases, the consequences of sagging soft tissues, lack of tissue volume due to age changes, drooping eyelid, drooping eyebrows and other aesthetic problems.
- Contraindications: oncology, severe chronic diseases in the acute stage, inflammatory skin diseases, infections, skin coagulation disorders, pregnancy and lactation.
- injury: medium. The equipment allows to avoid large incisions and to control the location of blood vessels and nerves.
- Performing the procedure: under general anesthesia, small incisions are made (up to 1, 5 cm), then a deep separation of the facial mask is performed and tissue manipulation is performed under the control of video endoscopic equipment: dissection, tension and fixation of muscles and fat packages. Cosmetic sutures are applied at the end. The sutures are removed after five to seven days and the patient can return to his normal lifestyle after two to three weeks.
- The result: the patient looks 10-15 years younger and does not lose his natural individuality - the skin is smoothed, the volumes are replenished, but the natural symmetry is preserved. The duration of the effect depends on individual characteristics, the presence of bad habits and stereotypes of behavior, but in general the result can last up to 20 years. If we talk about the possible negative consequences, then everything is limited to swelling and small bruises.
- Proshigh safety and low level of trauma, possibility for full control with a video camera, lack of visible traces of surgery, pronounced rejuvenating effect.
- Cons: in the early period of rehabilitation the effect of overcorrection is observed, the technique is unsuitable for patients with a very large excess of skin.
SMAS lifting- an effective method for surgical tightening with modeling of the muscular-aponeurotic layer. Most foreign plastic surgeons believe that the aging process of the middle and lower third of the face is mainly related to this layer.
- Indications: signs of aging in the form of sagging and loss of skin elasticity, wrinkles, blurred facial contours.
- Contraindications: oncology, chronic diseases in the acute phase, coagulation disorders, pregnancy.
- Performing the procedure: during the operation, after excision of the excess, the skin is tightened, the muscle tissue is moved and fixed. The operation takes several hours, after which a recovery period is required, which takes about a month.
- The resultpersistent, lasts up to eight years, but not as pronounced as in endoscopic lifting. Possible complications include nerve damage, hematomas and swelling.
- professionalsmethods: noticeable lifting effect, removal of excess skin.
- Cons: risk of complications, presence of scars around the eardrum (in front of and behind the ears).
Non-surgical skin tightening
This is a group of techniques whose use allows you to get a lifting effect without significant damage to the skin. Such approaches have gained popularity due to the possibility of performing a procedure for lifting the face without surgery, ie a gentler way with a minimum period of rehabilitation. Unfortunately, this inevitably affects the severity and duration of the effect.
Hardware cosmetologyincludes techniques using ultrasonic, radiowave or laser lifting effects on tissues without compromising their integrity.
- Indications: wrinkles, loss of skin density and clear contour.
- Contraindications: oncology, chronic diseases, inflammatory skin diseases, pregnancy.
- injury: missing or almost missing.
- Execution: during the procedure the problem area is affected with special equipment, In this case it is not necessary to use general anesthesia and in a long period of rehabilitation. The patient can return to his business immediately, only required to follow the doctor's recommendations. For some procedures, only a few sessions are sufficient, while others require a course of procedures.
- The result: restores firmness and turgor, smoothes wrinkles, stimulates the natural production of collagen and elastin. The result is less lasting than after surgical tightening, and strongly depends on the characteristics of the patient's body and directly on the specifics of the chosen technique. The effect usually lasts two to three years.
- professionals- visible effect without trauma, lack of painful sensations and the need for long-term rehabilitation, skin tightening.
- Cons- inability to eliminate many of the pronounced problems of aging, less noticeable and lasting result, the need to repeat the course.
injections -the introduction of fillers based on hyaluronic acid, collagen or botulinum toxin to combat age-related changes.
- Indications: wrinkles, lack of volume.
- Contraindications: severe chronic diseases in the acute stage, skin diseases, violation of the integrity of the skin, coagulation disorders, individual drug intolerance, pregnancy and lactation.
- injury: The contouring procedure is considered less traumatic, but there is a risk of damaging the blood vessels and nerves with a needle.
- Execution: The procedure usually takes less than an hour. Only anesthesia can be used for administration, after which the drug is injected into the problem area with a needle or cannula. With the help of filler you can remove the nasolacrimal grooves, nasolabial folds, correct the lack of volume in the middle and lower third of the face. Botulinum toxin is injected only into the muscles - to relieve hypertension and then to smooth wrinkles. Also in this way it is quite possible to "raise" the lowered corners of the mouth. After the procedure, the patient can return to normal business and do them following the doctor's recommendations.
- The result: the procedures allow filling the volume and removing wrinkles, but the result depends on the characteristics of the patient's body and the choice of medication. The effect can last three-six months to a year or a year and a half.
- professionals: low trauma, possibility to correct the result, if it turns out to be unsatisfactory, there is no need for rehabilitation and use of general anesthesia.
- Cons: short-term result, need for repetition, visual elimination of only surface imperfections.
The cost of facial rejuvenation procedures: can not buy youth?
When choosing a clinic, it is worth remembering the well-known phrase: "You get what you pay for. " Each type of facelift is a procedure that requires modern equipment, high quality medication and anesthesia, providing the patient with special conditions for stay and most importantly- high qualification of the surgeon If the price for this type of service is suspiciously low, it means that some of these points (or all at once) are not observed and the clinic may not have a license at all. But the beauty and health of facial skin is notsomething you can save The public knows a huge number of stories about patients who, after deciding to save money, were later forced to spend much larger sums not only to correct the consequences of a failed operation in terms ofaesthetics, but also to restore your health.
On average, the price for a deep surgical lifting of two areas of the face starts from a very impressive amount, if it is necessary to perform more serious manipulations with a combination of techniques, you will have to spend even more. The exact price can only be understood in consultation, as the scope of the intervention depends on the individual characteristics of the patient. We are talking about age, skin quality, the volume of unwanted tissues, the type of facial structure, as well as the desires of the person himself and many others.
Hardware (ultrasonic) SMAS facelift is not too cheap, the price is largely influenced by the number of lines. The cost of contouring with fillers depends on the drug and the required volume of application.
The technologies that allow the return of youth are constantly improving, more and more expanding the possibilities of modern aesthetic medicine. Today, plastic surgeons are able to eliminate almost any manifestation of age-related changes, and after the introduction of endoscopic technology, it has also become possible to minimize the trauma of operations. So the use of modern equipment, individual approach and the use of modern techniques are all that people who want to look rejuvenated can rely on.
Where can I go for the procedure?
Recommendations for choosing a center for aesthetic medicine and a specialist are given by an expert - plastic surgeon:
"As plastic surgery and cosmetology have gained widespread popularity, a large number of specialized clinics have appeared on the market. Unfortunately, some of these institutions do not meet high standards for the provision of medical services and employ unscrupulous specialists. Such clinics are not only not interested in successfully solving the patient's problem, but also simply do not have the resources needed for high-quality work.
In order to find a high-class doctor and a comfortable clinic, it is necessary to study as much information as possible about the specialists and the institution itself. First of all, do not hesitate to ask for a license for the right to perform medical activities, certificates, diplomas of doctors. . . In addition, all these documents must be publicly available on the site. The license must reflect compliance with the requirements of the Order for medical care in the profile "Plastic Surgery", approved by order of the Ministry of Health. You must also pay attention to the documents confirming the current certification of the surgeon. It is worth finding out whatis the status of the clinic, whether there is a sufficient level of funding for the acquisition of high quality equipment and whether the medical institution has experience in performing the necessary procedures and photos of illustrative examples. suggests that patients (and regulators) have already formed a trusting attitude towards this medical institution.
An important selection criterion is a wide range of services provided and an integrated approach to solving the aesthetic problems of the patient in one place: from diagnostic measures to plastic surgery and professional cosmetology.